NOTE: I believe these instructions works for the iphone too, though i’ve not tested it out myself.
Right, took me quite some time to update my itouch. Ever since i first jb-ed it to 2.2.0, i hadn’t really bothered with upgrading it to 2.2.1 and jailbreaking it subsequently. Didn’t really feel the update was necessary and meh, i can live without a few apps.
But since Fw3.0 is so awesome. I googled for the method and attempted the jailbreak once again. To my surprise, it was quite a breeze. I didn’t really expected it to be so easy really.
I own a jailbreak-ed FW2.2.0 Itouch 16gb 1st gen, and here is how i did it:
1. Download Redsn0w
2. Anyway, before using Redsnow, go here and read up on how to update your Itouch/iphone to FW3.0 for free.
3. Once FW3.0 update is done, extract Redsn0w to a folder and double click the exe to begin the process of jailbreaking your itouch.
4. Please do pay ample attention to what’s stated on screen at all times!! When it asks for the ipsw, navigate to the file you downloaded from step 2, click next and wait for it to modify the ipsw.
5. when you see the step where it tells you to turn off and on and plug in your device.. do it and position your fingers on the lock and home buttons respectively, click next and follow the instructions on the screen. It’s very fast! so make sure you have good reflexes. lol i managed to get it done the 1st time. XD
6. Congrats, you now have the latest FW 3.0 jailbreak-ed.
just wait awhile for it to get things sorted out and once you see your home screen, ya done!
**For instructions with PICS, go here**
To install cracked apps on your itouch, visit here for instructions. Previous cracked apps you have installed in your itouch should still work. mine did.
I would strongly recommend that you use Appsync, even though you may not have wifi at home. (I actually went down to the bus stop to ‘borrow’ some wifi. LOL -.-)
There is a way to do it without using wifi, but i deem it too risky and thus, I will not share it. (I think hotspots are pretty common nowadays anyway, i mean.. my BUS STOP HAS IT! so ffs, don’t be lazy.)
A final note to everyone, I can assure you, all instructions provided here have been tried and tested by me and it works 100%(For me).
BUT, I will not entertain any comments in regards to bricked and/or damaged itouches/iphones when attempting to follow/in the process of going through what i’ve stated here, cause i do not like to help people who are retards and cannot understand simple instructions.
But seriously, if you find my instructions too difficult to understand, then i strongly suggest you not attempt it and just go google. the jailbreaking community is hugeeeeeeeee thus i’m sure information like these are abundant and perhaps, much better expressed.
Of course, if you have questions not related to bricked/damaged devices, i.e. my instructions not being clear enough etc. do feel free to comment. 🙂