Ok not really a list of the blogs that I hate, but rather some of the things bloggers put/do/make on their blogs that can almost immediately make me click on the ‘X’ button on the top right hand corner of my browser without even assessing the blogger’s writing style.
Do note though, this does not really apply if in the first place, you know the blogger well and/or has some sort of favoritism for him/her.
Here we go!
THIS IS RANKED! IN ORDER OF MOST IRRITATING TO LEAST IRRITATING.
1. Black background + White fonts = Pisses me off immensely. I get ghosting and my head spins after reading them for about 5 mins. I ABSOLUTELY ADHOR that!
2. Ads. The sight of ads seriously pisses me off whenever I visit a blog. My stand has always been this:
Blog because you FEEL like it, not because you THINK you should. Why plod a fucking factory right smack in the middle of a beautiful forest?? tsk tsk.
But let’s face it, ads on blogs are so common this days. I’d be glad if out of 10 blogs I visit, 2 doesn’t have something related to NN or whatever. So I’ve more or less toned down my analism on this issue. Nowadays, 5 ads is the most I can tahan, AND they must be neatly arranged and NOT obstructive.
As long as I see it without me searching for it, I’d deem it as obstructive.
3. Embedding music. man. darn irritating, especially when it’s in the middle of the night and you forgot to turn down the vol. of your speakers, than suddenly WWA WAA WAAAW WAAAWWAAWWA SATAN BAM BAM BAM HELLHELL BAMMM BAMMM 666 BONK!!! some heavy metal music starts to play. =.=
If there is a stop button for your ‘music player’, I will press it and CONTINUE to read your blog. If there isn’t any. HAHA then even if you write like Mr brown I will also click the ‘X’ button.
(I mean if you want to embed, at least turn auto-play off! very easy one what right or not? respect the readers and the readers will respect you!)
4. Fancy Fancy &darn boliao functions. For example: cannot highlight, copy and/or paste, stupid pop up box when I come and/or go, decorating my mouse pointer without my permission, ‘Snowing’ in your blog, etc. etc.
ALL I WANT IS TO READ WHAT YOU’VE TYPED! nuff said.
5. Many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANYYYYYYYYYY photos, Then 3 words only.
www.flickr.com nuff said.
6. Slow loading. I think this applies to all website i visit, not just blog. so yeah. ….I mean, You like slow loading MEH!?
7. Navigation. To go here, please click here, then click here and here and then here to go back to here and then if you want to go here click this one next to go here. click finish liao please click here. …How about I just click the X button?
8. This is somehow related to point number 7. Poor design. I mean oh my god. I have to search for 30seconds just to find the blardy main page link! (when i’m reading a permalink) THAT is seriously wtf.
9. Again, related to number 7 and this time, 8. NO main page link AT ALL. usually people will put their’s on the title of their blog. but some blogs I’ve encountered TOTALLY don’t have this function! So If I want to go back, I have to GO to the URL bar and input their blog’s url. how lame….
10. Scary looking people. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh come’on, I AM BUT A HUMAN!!
(ok ok, to be fair, if ya write well, I won’t kpkb so much, just.. try your best not to camwhore too much yeah? *feels like author is talking to himself… hmm)
Again, let me just emphasize the fact that I’m not very anal when it comes to my friend’s blog. slightly irritated, yeah. But I can live with it. (though it wouldn’t hurt if ya were to change!!! 😀 lol )
This post is just my thoughts on blogs THAT I HAVE NEVER EVER VISITED before.. and seriously speaking, I don’t think I’d ever go back should you fall under any or all of this points I’ve made so far.
Unless you belong to the latter half, (6-10) then I may or may not continue to read just so I can see whether or not your writing is worth it for me to tahan.
Ultimately, it’s a blog right? Simple, easy. =D
PS: yeah yeah I noe I have my own cons. Not happy, just shoot. I will change, should I feel like it. Remember, I owe you nothing.
Next topic shall be about ‘what kind of writing style/topics on your blog I hate the most’. hmm.. that one should be short lar.